Inspections Update: In a recent meeting with Guilford County Planning & Inspections…below are a few things to make sure you are addressing:
- Have address visible from the road, preferably on the permit box
- Porch slabs require engineering for fill more than 24″ gravel or clean sand ( more than 8″ for dirt ) 506.2.1
- Need to see deck footings before final
- Provide load calculations for generators
- Make sure to provide correct contact information for contractors & trades – when inspection passes, will email and sign card
Construction Debris: The burning of anything other than natural vegetation is considered illegal by both State and County Solid Waste Ordinances. No construction waste of any kind can be burned or buried. Construction debris must be taken to an appropriate facility. The Guilford County Planning Department’s Solid Waste Enforcement Officer will be issuing fines for burning construction debris.
Soot and smoke from burning manmade materials can cause serious health problems, as well as release toxins into the air which are harmful to humans and the environment, and can have serious long lasting effects.
Additional Information: Lorelei Elkins, Environmental Services 336.641.2082