March 25, 2020
City & County – Planning & Inspections
Both the City of Greensboro and Guilford County have advised that they consider planning and inspections as essential services. See new updates below. Follow links to their websites for ongoing updates.
- Melvin Municipal Building will be closed to public effective March 26
- For additional business that requires in person – contact inspections or development services to make arrangements for access between 10 – 3
- Anything that can be handled on the phone should be
- Operating under normal business hours
- Live remote inspections are available
- Use dropbox in the parking lot for plan submittal. Fees will be invoiced later. Anything in the box by 2:00 pm will be processed the same day.
We will continue to monitor and advise any changes.
NCHBA staff has been in close contact with several state agencies and trade associations, specifically in communication with the North Carolina Department of Insurance regarding the continuation of home inspections. See memo from DOI regarding permitting/requested inspections.
NCHBA in conjunction with other industry groups have requested that construction and real estate services be declared as essential services in regards to any decisions made by the Governor’s office.
NCHBA hosted a Virtual Town Hall Meeting on Friday, March 20 and they will continue to hold these weekly on Fridays at 10:30 am. All members are encouraged to participate.
NAHB has created a Coronavirus Preparedness section on its website to provide resources and guidelines regarding preparation for COVID-19 in the workplace, and with business travel and event planning. This is a great resource that is constantly being updated.
NAHB has requested to have residential construction deemed as an critical and essential service by the Department of Homeland Security. In addition they are working closely with other real estate trade groups to advocate for continuation of real estate services.
GBA Members: Operational Changes
If you are modifying your operational schedules for showrooms or deliveries, please advise so we can help communicate to our members. We will compile an ongoing list to serve as a reference on our website. Email Cheryl Collins to advise any changes.
GBA Meetings & Events
All scheduled meetings and events through April 30 have been cancelled or postponed including:
- Skeet Tournament – April 2
- Builder & Remodeler Roundtable – April 16
- Spring Parade Celebration – April 30
- Spring Parade of Homes – POSTPONED to June
We are not scheduling any committee meeting in the office at this time…those will be handled via conference calls.
Above all, the health and safety of our members and staff remain our priority.
The GBA office is operational with staff working both onsite and remotely, accessible via phone and email. However we are not open for visitors to the building.
We will continue to provide updates on the website, in Member News emails, and on our GBA Members Facebook page.