Make Your Voice Heard
Early voting has started for the Tuesday, May 17 primary election (April 28 – May 14). Both Greensboro City Council and Guilford County Board of Commissioners candidates are on the ballot along with state and federal primary elections. In addition, the Guilford County School Bond and the ¼ Cent Local Sales & Use Tax referenda are on the May 17 ballot.
School Bond & 1/4 Cent Sales Tax
GBA & TREBIC support the Vote S.M.A.R.T. campaign and recommend voting YES for the school bond, and FOR the Local Sales & Use Tax (¼ cent) that will help pay for the bond.
- Bond is for $1.7 billion and will be used to complete work outlined in the approved Facilities Master Plan
- ¼ cent sales tax will not apply to vehicles, groceries, gas, or prescription drugs
- Additional Information: https://smartschoolbond.com/
City of Greensboro & Guilford County
GBA members participated in TREBIC’s Election Committee interviewing City and County candidates to determine those who best understand and support our industry as well as regional economic development. Based on candidate interviews, below are recommended candidates:
Greensboro City Council (non-partisan)
- Mayor: Nancy Vaughan
- At Large: Marikay Abuzuaiter, Yvonne Johnson, Hugh Holston
- District 1: Felton Foushee
- District 2: Goldie Wells
- District 3: Zack Matheny
- District 4: Nancy Hoffman
- District 5: Tammi Thurm
Guilford County Board of Commissioners
- At Large: Kay Cashion – D
- District 2: Alan Perdue – R
- District 3: Derek Mobley – D, Pat Tillman – R
- District 7: Frankie T Jones – D
Special thanks to our industry members who spent 4 days interviewing City & County candidates to determine those most supportive of our industry.
Click here to: Look up Your Voter Information and VIEW Your Sample Ballot