Find a place to connect & engage with other GBA members!
As we move into the new year, we are hoping this will be a post-pandemic year, where we can see things get back to normal with more in-person gatherings. We realize that everyone is somewhat “zoomed out” however virtual meetings have provided benefits in reduced travel and meeting time.
One way to become more involved in our Association is to participate on a planning team. Below are a few opportunities to explore. Let us know your areas of interest and we can help make that connection. Many of our councils and committees meet quarterly with kickoff meetings scheduled for January & February. We encourage you to get involved in one of our primary areas of focus for the year.
Construction Careers & Workforce Development
- Explore opportunities to increase awareness and interest in construction careers
- Expand our partnership with Builders Bridge – providing summer internship opportunities
- Promote Jobs Portal – encourage member participation in posting job openings
- Work in partnership with other organizations such as Guilford County Schools; GTCC; Junior Achievement; Workforce Development Board; CFGG; Chamber; NCHBA
- Provide classroom support along with field trips to jobsites
- Explore scholarship opportunities
- Encourage student participation in community service initiatives
Membership Advisory Team
- Explore opportunities for members to connect and engage both in person and virtually
- First Wednesday Member Connections – mixture of networking, education & service
- Serve as Ambassadors for our association with new and prospective members
- Invite and sponsor prospective members to join
- Assist with marketing & communications, including social media promotions
Education & Member Services
- Work with our councils to provide educational programs, including continuing education classes for general contractors
- Participate in special events planning teams – such as our Golf & Skeet tournaments
- Participate in planning our Parade of Homes and Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Join our NEW Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council – providing professional development & networking opportunities
- Join our Remodelers Council – help us promote the value of using industry professionals
- Join our Young Professionals group – expanding the network and involvement of YP members
Advocacy & Governmental Affairs
- Participate with TREBIC and on other industry-related task forces to address regulatory issues
- Become more involved on the state & national level, attending NCHBA & NAHB meetings
For additional information on any of these initiative or ways you might get involved, contact Amy Jones, Membership Director at (336) 855-6255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.